Welcome to the Michiana Paralegal Association
Michiana Paralegal Association ("MPA") was established in September 1989. As an association of dedicated professionals, MPA has matured into a strong paralegal association with members from every part of northwest Indiana and southwest Michigan, a geographic area known as "Michiana." In addition to our affiliation with the National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA), we are a member of the Alliance of Indiana Paralegal Associations.
The purpose and goals of MPA is to promote the professional and business interests of persons engaging in the paralegal profession as follows:
- Promote the paralegal profession;
- Promote the continuing legal education of paralegals by providing educational seminars;
- Act as a forum for the exchange of information;
- Inform members of the latest developments in the paralegal profession;
- Promote and support professional standards;
- Communicate with the legal community and the general public;
- Participate in local and national professional issues that affect the paralegal profession.
- Engage in projects, solicitations and other activities which the board of directors may deem necessary or desirable to fund the purposes set forth above.
Congratulation to our newly elected Board Members!!!!
Brandy L. Henderson, President
Wanda L. Miedema, Secretary
The official swearing in of the Board of Directors will be in January with details to be announced soon. Watch your email for further details.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
*ATTENTION VOTING MEMBERS*
We are Looking for nominations for 2018 Board of Directors. Everyone should have gotten an email with your nomination ballot attached. If you did not get the email, please contact Brandy Henderson immediately. The nomination ballot can also be found in the documents tab in the ballot folder.
Currently, we are looking to fill the shoes of President. Sad but true our dearest Wanda Miedema is gearing up for her retirement and ready to pass the torch.
Also, we are in need of a Vice President, Secretary, and three Directors positions, Voting Director I (vacant), Associate Director (vacant) and Student Director (currently held by Margaret Doherty) If you would be interested in running for any of these positions and would like more information, please contact any current Board Member for further information.
*NOVEMBER DINNER MEETING*
Our next Member's Meeting will be November 13, 2017 to be held at the Law Office of Anderson, Agostino and Keller where our guest speaker is Jonathon Watson. Attorney Watson has been our guest many times and like others before, it is always promised to be a great meeting! We will also hold elections of officers, have a door prize or two and maybe some swag! See the events calendar for details and registration.