Welcome to the Michiana Paralegal Association
Michiana Paralegal Association ("MPA") was established in September 1989. As an association of dedicated professionals, MPA has matured into a strong paralegal association with members from every part of northwest Indiana and southwest Michigan, a geographic area known as "Michiana." In addition to our affiliation with the National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA), we are a member of the Alliance of Indiana Paralegal Associations.
MEMBER MEETING - October 21st
This month our Primary Representative will host a lively discussion concerning NFPA's annual convention, including updates to the paralegal profession.
No matter your involvement level in MPA, all members are welcome to attend! This meeting will be a great way to learn some of the ins and outs of not only our Association, but also of paralegal associations at the regional and national level.
See you there!
UPCOMING: November Elections
Please plan on voting in our upcoming board member elections.
Details to follow via email.
Thank you for your time!
The purpose and goals of MPA is to promote the professional and business interests of persons engaging in the paralegal profession as follows:
- Promote the paralegal profession;
- Promote the continuing legal education of paralegals by providing educational seminars;
- Act as a forum for the exchange of information;
- Inform members of the latest developments in the paralegal profession;
- Promote and support professional standards;
- Communicate with the legal community and the general public;
- Participate in local and national professional issues that affect the paralegal profession.
- Engage in projects, solicitations and other activities which the board of directors may deem necessary or desirable to fund the purposes set forth above.